Apricot and ginger-glazed sweet potatoes
Uncooked sweet potato(es)
⅓ cup(s), apricot flavor
1 tsp, fresh, minced
¼ tsp, or to taste
⅛ tsp, freshly ground
3 Tbsp, toasted
- Pierce sweet potatoes in a few places with tip of a knife. Place on a paper towel-lined plate and microwave on HIGH, turning potatoes over once, until tender, about 7 to 9 minutes; set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Preheat broiler. Coat a 13- x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together apricot spreadable fruit and ginger until blended.
- With your fingers or a small knife, peel skin from sweet potatoes; slice potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick rounds.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer on prepared pan; drizzle with orange juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; brush with apricot glaze.
- Broil until glaze browns in a few spots, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with almonds. Yields about 2/3 cup per serving.