- Total Time
Serve these rustic-looking tarts warm with vanilla fat-free frozen yogurt.
all-purpose flour¾ cup(s)
table salt¼ tsp
reduced-calorie margarine3 Tbsp
ground cinnamon¼ tsp
fresh apple(s)3 small, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix flour with 1/4 teaspoon sugar and salt.
- Cut margarine into flour mixture with a fork until flour is the consistency of cornmeal. Mix with 2 or 3 tablespoons cold water until dough forms a ball (a little drier is better than a little sticky). You can make the dough up to 24 hours ahead of times if you wrap it securely in plastic wrap and refrigerate it until you need it.
- Divide dough into four pieces. Roll each into a ball and then flatten into a disc about 5 inches (13 cm) across. Place the discs on a baking sheet a few inches apart.
- Combine remaining sugar with cinnamon.
- Arrange apple slices on top of dough discs, overlapping and fanning them (so they make a flower shape). Sprinkle generous amounts of sugar-cinnamon mixture over them.
- Bake until crust is browned, approximately 35 to 40 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.