Packed light brown sugar
1 Tbsp, cut into small pieces
2 Tbsp, toasted
¾ cup(s), or frozen
Whole wheat flour
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
Fat free skim milk
½ cup(s), granulated
1 small, peeled, cored and finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners; spray liners with nonstick spray.
- To make streusel, stir together 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour and brown sugar in small bowl. Add butter and use fingers to blend butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in walnuts. Set aside.
- To make muffins, put cranberries into food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped, 3–4 times. Set aside.
- Whisk together 1 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in large bowl. Whisk together yogurt, milk, oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla in medium bowl.
- Add yogurt mixture, cranberries, and apple to flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle evenly with streusel.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into center of muffins comes out clean, about 22 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and cool completely on rack.
- Per serving: 1 muffin