Apple cider-chicken salad
Apple cider vinegar
4 Tbsp, divided
2 Tbsp, fresh, chopped, divided
4 tsp, divided
1 tsp, divided
½ tsp, freshly ground, divided
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 large, red-skinned, halved, thinly sliced
⅓ cup(s), toasted
¼ cup(s), crumbled
- In a wide shallow bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons vinegar, 1 tablespoon chives, 1 tablespoon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; add chicken and turn to coat. Cover chicken and marinate in refrigerator, turning chicken once or twice, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place in a baking dish; discard marinade. Cover chicken with foil; bake until chicken is just cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, about 20 to 25 minutes. Let chicken cool slightly and then transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally into thick slices.
- Meanwhile, in a glass cup or bowl, whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, oil, remaining teaspoon mustard, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- When ready to serve, in a large serving bowl, combine greens, apple, pecans and blue cheese; drizzle with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Place chicken over salad. Stir any juices from baking dish into remaining vinaigrette and drizzle over chicken; garnish with remaining tablespoon chives. Yields about 2 1/2 cups salad and 3 ounces chicken per serving.