- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 large egg(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- 2 Tbsp light butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) white self-rising flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 large fresh apple(s), green, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat an 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs and 1/2 cup of sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in milk, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour and cornstarch and fold into the cake batter. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Layer apple slices in a circular pattern on top of cake. Combine cinnamon and sugar in a cup and sprinkle over apples. Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife or metal skewer comes out clean when inserted. Cut into 8 pieces and serve.