Air-Fried Churros with Chocolate Sauce
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
¾ tsp, divided
2½ Tbsp, divided
1% low fat milk
Unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tsp, or dark cocoa powder
1 Tbsp, melted
- In a small bowl, place flour, yogurt, and ½ tsp vanilla; stir well with a wooden spoon until just combined and then keep mixing dough in bowl with your hands until smooth (about 1 minute of kneading).
- Place a large piece of parchment or wax paper on a work surface and sprinkle lightly with a little flour. Place dough on paper. Use a knife to cut dough into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 5-inch long rope.
- Preheat air fryer, if necessary, to 375°F. Coat air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange dough ropes in air fryer, leaving some space between them. Lightly coat dough with nonstick cooking spray. Air-fry until golden brown, 6 to 7 minutes.
- While churros cook, combine 2 tbsp sugar and cinnamon in a pie plate or other shallow dish. In a glass measuring cup, whisk milk, cocoa, cornstarch, pepper, and remaining 1½ tsp sugar and ¼ tsp vanilla. Microwave on High until bubbly and thick, about 1 minute, whisking every 20 seconds.
- When churros are done, brush all over with melted butter and roll in cinnamon sugar. Serve warm with sauce.
- Serving size: 1 churro and about 1 tbsp sauce