Air-Fried Donut Holes with Creamy Berry Sauce
Two-ingredient dough serves as the starting point for these sweet bites. It is amped up with vanilla extract, rolled into balls, cooked in an air-fryer, and finished with melted butter and cinnamon sugar. They’re served with an easy mixed berry and yogurt sauce and are best enjoyed warm.
Frozen unsweetened mixed berries
½ cup(s), thawed
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
1 cup(s), divided
1½ Tbsp, melted
- In a mini food processor, process the berries until pureed. Add ⅓ cup yogurt and process until well combined. Spoon the sauce into a bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the remaining ⅔ cup yogurt and vanilla. Add the flour and stir together with a wooden spoon until just combined. Knead the dough in the bowl with your hands until smooth, about 2 minutes. Place a large piece of parchment or wax paper on a work surface and lightly sprinkle with flour. Turn the dough out onto the paper and divide in half. Roll each dough piece into an 8-inch-long rope. Cut each rope into 8 equal pieces; roll each piece into a ball.
- Preheat an air fryer, if necessary, to 350°F. Coat the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Arrange 8 dough balls in the air fryer and coat the balls with cooking spray. Air-fry until golden and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Place the cooked dough balls in a large bowl. Repeat the air-frying process with the remaining dough balls.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Drizzle the butter over the cooked donut holes and toss well to coat. Place the donut holes in the bowl with the cinnamon sugar; toss well to coat. Serve the donut holes with the sauce.
- Serving size: 1 donut hole and about 1/2 tbsp sauce