White chocolate blondies
Low Fat Spread
60 g, plus extra for greasing
1 can(s), large, drained
Egg, whole, raw
3 medium, raw
French Almond Extract
Light Brown Sugar
1 teaspoons, level
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4. Grease a 25cm square cake tin with low fat spread and line with baking paper.
- Put the chickpeas and low fat spread in a food processor with one of the eggs and blend until a puree. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, beat the remaining eggs with both the sugars using a hand-held electric whisk. Fold the mixture into the chickpea puree. Add the baking powder and ground almonds and fold to combine. Stir 70g of the white chocolate chips through the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and firm, and a skewer inserted into the middle of the blondie comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack, remove the baking paper and leave to cool completely.
- Melt the remaining chocolate chips in a microwave for around 30 seconds. Using a teaspoon, drizzle the melted chocolate over the blondies. Leave to set, then cut into 18 bars.