2 medium, finely chopped
Turkey Breast Mince, raw
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw, beaten
400 g, cut into chunks
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Dried Mixed Herbs
1 teaspoon(s), level
2 clove(s), finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Grease a 450g loaf tin with calorie controlled cooking spray, then line with baking paper.
- Put a small pan over a medium heat and mist with cooking spray. Fry the onions, mixed herbs and chilli flakes for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions have softened – add a splash of water if they start to stick. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Put the cooled onion mixture in a large bowl with the turkey mince, breadcrumbs and egg. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined. Season to taste, then spoon into the prepared loaf tin, pushing the mixture right into the corners.
- Put the loaf tin in a deep roasting tray and pour enough just-boiled water from the kettle to come halfway up the sides of the loaf tin. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the meatloaf starts to shrink away from the sides of the tin. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out of the tin onto a baking tray and spread the ketchup over the top and sides of the meatloaf. Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the butternut squash and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain, then mash and season to taste. Slice the meatloaf and serve with the butternut squash mash.