Tomato & mozzarella chicken bake
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
2 clove(s), crushed
1 can(s), large, crushed slightly using the back of a spoon
1 tablespoons, level
Dried Mixed Herbs
¼ teaspoons, level
White pasta, dry
160 g, tagliatelle
1 ball(s), cut into four equal slices
4 leaf/leaves, to serve
- Mist a large nonstick ovenproof frying pan with cooking spray and set over a medium heat. Season the chicken all over and cook for 10 minutes, turning once, until cooked through and golden. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Stir in the plum tomatoes, sundried tomato purée, mixed herbs, chilli flakes and 75ml cold water. Season well and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta to pack instructions, then drain and set aside.
- Heat the grill to high. Return the chicken to the frying pan and spoon over the sauce. Top each fillet with 1 mozzarella slice, then transfer the pan to the grill. Cook for 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Divide the tagliatelle between plates, top with the chicken and tomato sauce, then serve garnished with the fresh basil leaves.