Sweet potato muffins
Sweet potato, raw
150 g, peeled and chopped into 2 cm chunks
Egg, whole, raw
2 medium, raw, lightly beaten
2 teaspoon(s), level
1 teaspoon(s), level
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
15 g, toasted and roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Line 8 holes of a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the potatoes along with 3 tbsp. water in to a microwavable bowl. Cover in cling film, pierce several holes in it and cook on full power for 10-12 minutes on until completely tender. Transfer the cooked potato to a small food processor and blitz until smooth or alternatively mash well.
- In a mixing bowl beat together the eggs, veg oil and maple syrup until light and frothy. Fold through the almonds, baking powder and beat in the cooled sweet potato until evenly incorporated. Spoon the mixture in to the cases.
- Bake the muffins in the centre of the oven for 15-20 minutes or until firm to the touch. Once baked remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Lightly fold the yogurt and the maple syrup together. Roughly chop the toasted pecans. Swirl the yoghurt and top each muffin and sprinkle over the chopped pecans.