Stuffed butternut squash
1 portion(s), halved lengthways and deseeded
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Extra lean beef mince (5% fat), raw
Extra Lean Pork Mince (5% fat), raw
1 small, finely chopped
1 clove(s), crushed
400 g, chopped
1 tablespoons, level
Dried Mixed Herbs
1 tablespoons, flat leaf, chopped to garnish
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/fan oven 180°C.
- Using a small sharp knife and a spoon, scoop out some of the flesh from each half of the butternut squash and chop it finely.
- Put the 2 halves of the squash into a roasting tin, cut sides up, and spray with calorie controlled cooking spray. Transfer to the oven and bake for 30 minutes, until just tender.
- Meanwhile, spray a large saucepan with calorie controlled cooking spray and add the minced beef and pork, a handful at a time, until seared and browned. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for another 1-2 minutes. Tip in the canned tomatoes, then add the chopped butternut squash, tomato puree and herbs. Bring up to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, without a lid. Season.
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven and spoon the mince mixture into the butternut squash halves. Return to the oven and bake for a further 10-15 minutes. Serve, garnished with chopped parsley.