Stuffed butternut squash with farro, leek & mushrooms
2 tablespoons, heaped
2 whole, small, halved lengthways, deseeded and insides scraped out
Waitrose Love Life Quick Cook Farro Dicocco
180 g, mixed (such as button, shiitake and oyster), chopped
1 medium, white and light green parts only, rinsed and thinly sliced
2 clove(s), chopped
Vinegar, All Types
1 tablespoons, sherry
Vegetarian Parmesan Style Hard Cheese
1 tablespoons, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 230°C, fan 210°C, gas mark 8. Place the currants in a bowl with 2 tbsp warm water to soak. Place squash cut side down on a baking tray, drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil and season. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from the oven and turn over, flipping the squash halves cut side up.
- Meanwhile, cook farro to pack instructions. Drain, return to pot and set aside.
- In a nonstick pan heat 1 tsp olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season and continue to cook until soft. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Using the same pan, heat ½ tsp olive oil and cook the leek and garlic for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cooked mushrooms, thyme and vinegar. Season and cook for a further minute. Then, remove from the heat and add the drained currants.
- Add the vegetables to the farro with half the cheese and 1½ tsp olive oil. Season to taste.
- Fill each squash half with the farro mixture and drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil. Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and rest for 2 minutes. Serve garnished with parsley.