Stilton & leek tartlets
The classic combination of leek and stilton is fantastic in these tasty tarts!
Calorie controlled cooking spray
275 g, sliced
½ teaspoon(s), level
Vegetable stock cube
½ cube(s), 75ml stock
2 sheet(s), large
50 g, crumbled
Egg, whole, raw
2 medium, raw
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, gas mark 4. Spray a lidded saucepan with the cooking spray and fry the leeks for 2 minutes. Add the sage and stock, and season. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the leeks are tender and the liquid has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tart cases. Spray 4 Yorkshire pudding tins with the cooking spray and place on a baking tray.
- Cut the fi lo sheets in half and stack up as squares. Working with one square at a time, spray with the cooking spray then fold it into quarters. Press this smaller layered square of filo into the prepared tin, with the points overhanging the edges. Repeat with the remaining filo squares to make a total of 4 tart cases, and spray each one with extra cooking spray.
- Divide the cooked leeks between the tart cases and crumble in the Stilton cheese.
- Beat the eggs and milk, season and pour over the filling. Bake on the centre shelf of the oven for 15 minutes until the filling is just set and the pastry is golden and crisp. Serve the tartlets warm from the oven.