Squid & prawn pilaf with parsley salsa
250 g, hoods, cleaned
Calorie controlled cooking spray
250 g, peeled, tails intact
1 medium, finely chopped
1 bulb(s), finely chopped
2 stick(s), chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
½ teaspoons, level
1 zest(s) of 1
White basmati rice, dry
Dry white wine
Fish stock cube
1 cube(s), 580ml stock
4 medium, thinly sliced
15 sprig(s), fresh, chopped
- Cut the squid hoods in half lengthways. Lay the hood flat, inside up, and score the flesh in a crisscross. Cut into 3cm pieces.
- Mist a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and place on a high heat. Add half the squid and prawns and cook for 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a slow cooker. Repeat with the remaining squid and prawns.
- Heat half the oil in the same pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, fennel and celery, and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the garlic, chilli and half the lemon zest and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Stir in the rice, wine and stock and bring to the boil.
- Transfer to the slow cooker and cook, covered, on High for 45 minutes or Low for 11⁄2 hours. Stir once halfway through cooking.
- Mix the spring onions, parsley, and the remaining lemon zest and oil in a bowl. Serve with the pilaf.