Spinach & ricotta tortilla
Rich in protein, this simple supper is tasty and packed with plenty of delicious veg.
New potatoes, raw
150 g, young leaf
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 medium, thinly sliced
Egg, whole, raw
4 medium, raw, beaten
Roasted Red Peppers in brine, drained
40 g, drained weight
160 g, mixed salad leaves
Fat Free Salad Dressing
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes, or until just tender. Drain. Meanwhile, put the spinach in a microwave-safe bowl, cover and cook for 2 minutes on high until wilted. Set aside until cool enough to handle, then squeeze out any excess liquid and roughly chop.
- Meanwhile, mist a large nonstick, ovenproof frying pan with cooking spray and cook the onion over a medium heat for 5 minutes, until starting to soften. Gently stir in the potato slices, then top with the spinach.
- Heat a grill to high. In a bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta and milk. Season, then pour over the vegetables, tilting the frying pan as you go so the vegetables are evenly covered by the egg mixture. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, then transfer the pan to the grill and cook for 5 minutes, until the tortilla is set and golden.
- While the tortilla is grilling, toss together the peppers, salad leaves and dressing.
- Let the tortilla cool slightly, then cut into wedges and serve with the salad on the side.
Add halved cherry tomatoes, leftover roast veg or 200g drained and rinsed tinned kidney beans