Spicy black bean burgers
1 medium, finely chopped
1 clove(s), crushed
1 teaspoons, level, smoked
1 tablespoons, level, ground
2 tablespoons, finely chopped
Black Beans in Water
2 can(s), large, drained, drained and rinsed
25 g, vegan
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Sweet potato(es), raw
450 g, cut into wedges
½ zest(s) of 1, grated
Lime Juice, Fresh
Plain Soya Yogurt
1 individual, Cos, leaves separated
2 medium, finely sliced
Wholemeal Bread Roll
4 medium, seeded, vegan
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Put the onion, garlic, paprika, ground coriander, half of the fresh coriander, the black beans and breadcrumbs in a food processor and blitz until the mixture starts to come together; it should be chunky. Season to taste. Shape the bean mixture into 4 patties, then transfer to one of the prepared baking trays and mist with cooking spray. Put the sweet potato wedges on the second baking tray and mist with cooking spray. Bake the burgers and wedges for 30-35 minutes, turning halfway through, until the burgers are crisp and the wedges are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small jug, combine the lime zest and juice and yogurt alternative, then season to taste.
- Put a burger on half of each roll, then top with the lettuce leaves, tomato slices and remaining coriander. Drizzle over the yogurt sauce. Serve with the sweet potato wedges and the coleslaw on the side.
- The uncooked patties can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge overnight before cooking.