Spicy bean & squash stew
1 whole, medium, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
1 tablespoons, roughly chopped
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 small, finely chopped
2 clove(s), finely sliced
1 medium, romano variety, deseeded and finely sliced
1 teaspoons, level
2 teaspoons, level
½ teaspoons, level
2 can(s), large
Butter Beans, cooked
1 can(s), large, drained
Morrisons Red Wine Vinegar
Groovy Food Co. Agave Nectar Light Amber & Mild
Merchant Gourmet Giant Couscous
Plain Soya Yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Put the squash in a large roasting tin and drizzle over the oil. Season well. Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until soft, then remove from the oven and stir through half the chopped parsley.
- Meanwhile, mist a large pan with cooking spray and put over a medium heat. Fry the onion for 4-5 minutes, or until soft. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute, then add the pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until softened, then add the spices and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, butter beans, vinegar and agave syrup, then stir well to combine. Simmer gently for around 20 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous to pack instructions and stir through the remaining chopped parsley.
- Serve the stew with the couscous, topped with the roasted squash and a dollop of yogurt.