Speedy seafood pasta
Wholewheat Pasta, dry
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 large, finely chopped
2 clove(s), peeled and finely chopped
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, finely chopped
1½ teaspoons, level
1 g, as purchased
1 can(s), large
Medium White Wine
1 tablespoons, level
2 tablespoons, level
10 leaf/leaves, roughly chopped
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the spaghetti and cook for 10-12 minutes until al dente. Drain, reserving a splash of the pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan, mist with cooking spray, then fry the onion, garlic and chilli over a medium heat for 5 minutes until the onion has softened but not browned.
- Add the paprika, cayenne pepper, chilli powder, tomatoes, wine, purée and sugar to the pan, give it all a stir, and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the seafood and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the seafood is piping hot, then add the cream and warm through.
- Add the cooked spaghetti and reserved pasta water to the sauce and stir until the pasta is well coated. Divide between bowls and serve garnished with the basil leaves and seasoned with freshly ground black pepper.