Smoked haddock & potato hash
New potatoes, raw
Smoked haddock, raw
4 fillet(s), medium
2 medium, finely chopped
3 medium, roughly chopped
2 clove(s), finely chopped
Calorie controlled cooking spray
4 sprig(s), fresh
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Put the potatoes in a pan of cold, salted water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 30-35 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside for 2 minutes to steam dry in the pan, then roughly chop.
- Meanwhile, put the haddock fillets on a baking tray, mist with cooking spray and season to taste. Roast for 10 minutes until cooked through. Cool slightly, then flake into pieces and set aside.
- Put a large nonstick frying pan over a medium-low heat and mist with cooking spray. Fry the shallots and garlic for 8 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the potatoes to the pan and sprinkle over the curry powder. Lightly crush the potatoes with a masher and fry for 5 minutes until they start to crisp up. Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Fold the fish through the hash and divide between plates. Season to taste and serve.