700 g, floury, peeled and cut into even chunks
Low Fat Spread
2 teaspoons, level
½ teaspoons, level, freshly grated
¼ teaspoons, freshly ground
Lean Beef Mince (10% fat), cooked
1 medium, chopped finely
2 teaspoons, chopped, puree
1 medium, peeled and grated coarsely
Baxters Chef Selections Beef Consomme with Cask Aged Sherry
275 g, condensed
Dried Mixed Herbs
2 tablespoons, natural colour
1 tablespoons, grated, grated fresh
- Boil the potatoes until just tender, then drain well and return to the pan. Heat until dry and floury, then mash the potatoes until smooth and lump free.
- Mix in the low-fat spread, milk, nutmeg and seasoning. Set aside.
- Dry-fry the mince in a very hot preheated non-stick frying-pan, stirring well to break up any lumps.
- Add the oil and then the onion, garlic and carrot. Cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables soften, then stir in the consommé and 150 ml of water plus the herbs and seasoning.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes until the meat is cooked and the liquid has been reduced. Stir once or twice during cooking.
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat. Spoon the meat into a heatproof pie dish and spread the mashed potato roughly on top, with a fork. Sprinkle over the crumbs and the cheese.
- Place the pie dish under the grill and brown the top of the pie.