Sausages, chickpea mash & cabbage
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Reduced fat pork sausages, grilled
2 small, finely sliced
Light Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons, level
Plain White Flour
2 tablespoons, level
Beef stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), to make 400ml
800 g, roughly chopped into florets
1 tablespoons, level
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas mark 5 and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mist a nonstick pan with cooking spray, and brown the sausages over a medium heat. Transfer to the prepared tray and bake for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway.
- Meanwhile, mist the pan with cooking spray a second time and fry the onions over a medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the balsamic vinegar and sugar and cook for a further 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the mustard and flour, and cook for another minute. Increase the heat to high and slowly pour in the stock, stirring all the time, until the gravy thickens.
- Put the cauliflower in a very large pan of water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10-12 minutes until tender, then drain well. Season and mash with the soured cream.
- Serve the mash topped with the sausages and gravy.