Rump steak with parsnip mash
11 - 14
PersonalPoints™ per serving
This is an easy, tasty and traditional dish
Beef rump steak, lean, raw
300 g, 2 x 150g rump steaks
300 g, peeled and chopped
110 g, tenderstem
110 g, cleaned and sliced
Half Fat Crème Frâiche
4 tablespoons, level
- Rub the steaks with half the oil and season. Set aside.
- Put the parsnips in a pan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Steam the broccoli over the pan for the last 3-4 minutes of cooking time.Drain and mash the parsnips.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over a high heat and sear the steaks for 2 minutes each side for rare, 3 minutes for medium, and 4 minutes for well done. Remove from the pan and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and fry the mushrooms for 5 minutes. Stir in the crème fraîche until warmed through.
- Serve the steaks with the mash, broccoli and sauce.