Rolled glazed ham
1 large, finely sliced
3 clove(s), finely sliced
4 medium, trimmed, sliced
Peas, fresh or frozen
2 tablespoons, level, English
Gammon/Ham Joint, Raw
1 joint(s), rolled, unsmoked
1 tablespoons, level
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas mark 4. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 6-8 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and spring onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, cook the peas in a pan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold running water then blitz in a food processor with the onion mixture and 1 tbsp of the mustard to form the stuffing.
- Unroll the gammon and make 4-6 large cuts across the surface of the meat. Spoon the stuffing into the cuts then spread the rest over the ham. Reroll and secure with kitchen string. Wrap in a double layer of kitchen foil with a hole in the top, to allow the steam to escape, then put in a roasting tin and roast for 2 hours.
- Increase the oven temperature to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6. Combine the remaining mustard and the honey, then brush all over the ham. Roast, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes, until sticky.
- Rest for 30 minutes then carve.