Roasted beetroot & vegetable salad
3 whole, small
1 tablespoons, level
½ zest(s) of 1
Freshly squeezed orange juice
2 teaspoons, heaped
Vinegar, All Types
- Preheat oven to 230°C, 210°C fan, gas mark 8. Wrap the beetroot in foil and place on a baking tray. Roast for 45–50 minutes. Let cool, remove from the foil and slice into wedges.
- Meanwhile, drizzle the chard stems with ½ tsp oil, season, then set aside. On a baking tray, drizzle the carrots and onion with 1 tsp oil. Season and toss to combine. Roast for 20 minutes then add the chard stems and roast for a further 5-6 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, place a nonstick pan over a medium-high heat. Add ½ tsp oil and toast the pistachios and fennel seeds for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, season and stir in the orange zest. Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Set a saucepan over a medium-high heat, add ½ tsp oil, add the chard leaves and 1 tsp water. Season and cook until slightly wilted.
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients, then whisk in 3½ tsp olive oil and season.
- In a bowl combine the chard leaves, cooked vegetables and goat's cheese with half the dressing. Toss to combine, then drizzle with the remaining dressing and scatter over the toasted nuts and fennel seeds.