Roast veg with quinoa
- Total Time
Ideal for a Picnic.
Red pepper(s)1 medium, deseeded and chopped
Onion(s)1 medium, peeled and chopped
Carrots, raw1 medium, peeled and chopped
Courgette1 medium, sliced
Garlic4 clove(s), skins on
Calorie controlled cooking spray4 spray(s)
Quinoa, Dry150 g
Parsley, fresh15 g
Fat Free Natural Fromage Frais1 tablespoons
Cucumber30 g, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200°C/fan oven 180°C. Place all the prepared vegetables and garlic cloves in a roasting tin, season, spray with cooking spray and roast for 30 minutes. Remove the garlic and stir the vegetables in the tin. Cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions.
- To make the pesto, squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins into a blender. Add the rocket, parsley, fromage frais and cucumber and blend until smooth.
- Divide the quinoa between 2 plates, top with the roasted vegetables and spoon over the pesto to serve.
- Eat it al fresco: Pack the quinoa and vegetables into a tub and keep the rocket pesto in a separate tub. Store them into the fridge for up to 24 hours and take them in a cool bag when you go on a picnic. Add the pesto just before serving.