Roast cabbage steaks with goat's cheese
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1500 g, red, trimmed
1 clove(s), small, crushed
160 g, with rind, cut into 12 rounds
10 g, blanched
Freshly squeezed orange juice
2 tablespoons, level
Vinegar, All Types
1 tablespoons, apple cider
½ teaspoons, level
2 tablespoons, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6 and mist a large nonstick baking tray with cooking spray. Cut the cabbage into 4 x 2cm-thick slices (ensuring they’re still attached at the root) and put on the prepared tray.
- In a small bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, half of the oil and the garlic. Brush half the mixture over the tops of the cabbage steaks, then roast for 10 minutes. Turn, then brush over the remaining balsamic vinegar mixture and roast for another 10 minutes.
- Top each cabbage steak with 3 slices of goat’s cheese and roast for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is just starting to melt. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, toast the nuts in a frying pan set over a medium heat, then roughly chop.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining oil with the orange juice, apple cider vinegar and mustard. Stir in the hazelnuts, then set aside for 5 minutes to allow the flavours to meld. Stir through the parsley and season to taste.
- Serve the cabbage steaks with the orange and hazelnut dressing spooned over the top.