Potato & bacon tortilla
400 g, cut into 5mm thick slices
50 g, young leaf
Bacon medallions, raw
1 small, finely chopped
Egg, whole, raw
3 medium, raw, lightly beaten
Peas, frozen, boiled
Reduced Fat Natural Cottage Cheese
- Put the potatoes in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Cook for 5 minutes until tender. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add the spinach to the bowl and set aside, covered, for 5 minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
- Meanwhile, finely chop half the bacon. Put the oil in a nonstick, ovenproof frying pan and set over a medium heat. Add the onion and chopped bacon and cook, stirring, for 6-8 minutes until the onion has softened. Transfer to the bowl with the potato mixture. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Thinly slice the remaining bacon. Set the frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the sliced bacon and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Put the potato mixture into the pan, and spread it out evenly. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the base is golden and set. Heat the grill to high, then grill the tortilla for 5 minutes or until the top is golden and set.
- Meanwhile, cook the peas in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes until tender, then drain, refresh under cold water and drain again. Combine the peas, sliced bacon and cottage cheese in a bowl. Top the tortilla with the cottage cheese mixture, then serve with the salad leaves.