Potato & bacon fritters with fried eggs & greens
Fritters are a great way to use up leftovers – try experimenting with different flavours
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Bacon medallions, raw
600 g, grated
Half Fat Cheddar Cheese
80 g, grated
2 tablespoon(s), snipped, plus extra to serve
Egg, whole, raw
5 medium, raw
100 g, chopped
100 g, thinly sliced
Half Fat Crème Frâiche
2 tablespoon(s), level
Lemon Juice, Fresh
- Mist a nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and fry the bacon over a high heat for 2 minutes each side. Remove from the pan, chop and set aside. Wipe the pan clean using kitchen paper
- Wrap the grated potato in a clean, dry tea towel and squeeze out any excess liquid. In a bowl, combine the potatoes, bacon, cheese, chives and 1 of the eggs. Season the potato mixture, then shape into 12 patties.
- Mist the frying pan with cooking spray and fry the patties for 4 minutes each side; you may need to do this in batches.
- Meanwhile, mist another nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and fry the remaining eggs for 2-3 minutes, until the whites are set and the yolks soft.
- Cook the cabbage and leek to pack instructions, then stir through the crème fraîche and lemon juice. Season and serve with the fritters topped with the fried eggs and extra chives.
To make this veggie, replace the bacon with chopped spring onions.