Pea & potato samosas
Just because you’re not getting your curry delivered, doesn’t mean you have to miss out on all the tasty sides! Perfect for a fakeaway feast!
½ inch slice(s)
1 teaspoon(s), level
Peas, fresh or frozen
Lemon Juice, Fresh
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Low Fat Spread
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the potato and simmer for 10 minutes or until soft, then drain.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 7-8 minutes or until soft. Stir in the garam masala and curry powder. Cook for 1 minute, then turn off the heat. Stir in the cooked potatoes, peas and lemon juice, then season.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, fan 180ºC, gas mark 6. Mist a baking tray with cooking spray.
- Unwrap a 270g pack of fresh filo pastry and halve each sheet of pastry so you have 12 squares. Take a square and fold it in half to make a rectangle. Put 1 heaped tablespoon of the filling at the bottom left of the rectangle. Fold the right corner of the pastry over the filling to cover it and form a triangle. Fold the triangle up, then to the right-hand side, and keep folding until you reach the end of the strip.
- Put on the baking tray and repeat with the remaining pastry and filling. Brush with melted low-fat spread and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden.