Pea, lettuce & asparagus soup
Calorie controlled cooking spray
400 g, trimmed, roughly chopped. plus and extra 4 spears, to serve
4 medium, roughly chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
Vegetable stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), to make 700ml
Peas, fresh or frozen
200 g, frozen
1 individual, little gem lettuce, quartered
4 sprig(s), handful, plus extra to garnish
Light Feta Cheese
60 g, to serve
- Mist a large nonstick pan with cooking spray and cook the chopped asparagus, spring onions and garlic over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes, until softened. Add the stock and peas and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes until the peas are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick griddle pan over a high heat. Mist the whole asparagus spears all over with cooking spray and griddle for 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Mist the lettuce with cooking spray and griddle for 3 minutes, or until just beginning to char.
- Add the griddled lettuce to the soup, cover and remove from the heat. Set aside for 2 minutes, until the lettuce has softened completely, then stir in the mint leaves.
- Transfer the soup to a blender (or use a stick blender) and blitz until smooth. Return the soup to the pan, season to taste and reheat over a low heat.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, top with the griddled asparagus and extra mint. Crumble over the feta and drizzle over the oil, then season and serve.