1 small, finely chopped
2 stick(s), finely chopped
2 medium, cut into small cubes
150 g, roughly chopped
Vinegar, All Types
1 tablespoons, red wine vinegar
Olives, in Brine
Capers, in Brine
1 tablespoons, roughly chopped
White pasta, dry
240 g, tagliatelle
- Heat the olive oil in a large, lidded pan over a medium heat. Fry the onion and celery for 5 minutes until starting to soften. Stir in the aubergines, tomatoes and vinegar with around 100ml water.
- Cover and simmer on a low heat for around 30 minutes until the aubergines are tender and starting to break down. Stir through the olives, capers and parsley, then season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Around 10 minutes before the caponata is ready, bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the tagliatelle and cook for 10-12 minutres, until al dente. Drain, reserving 2 tbsp of the cooking water.
- Stir the reserved pasta water into the caponata to loosen, then stir the tagliatelle through the sauce to coat.
- Divide the pasta between bowls and serve.