Orange & pistachio cake
Low Fat Spread
Egg, whole, raw
3 medium, raw
1 teaspoons, level
White Self Raising Flour
Tesco Low Fat Greek Style Natural Yogurt
1 tablespoons, level
1 zest(s) of 1
Freshly squeezed orange juice
2 tablespoons, level
30 g, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Mist a 450g loaf tin with cooking spray and line with baking paper.
- Put the sugar and low-fat spread into a large mixing bowl and beat together until well combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition, then fold in the low-fat natural Greek yogurt and vanilla until fully incorporated.
- Sift the flour into the mixture and carefully fold through. Put into the prepared tin and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour until risen and golden and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave the cooked cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Pare off some long, thin strips of zest from the orange, then cut the zest into very thin strips. Juice the orange and set aside.
- Put the agave into a small pan with 1 tablespoon water and slowly bring to a simmer. Add the pared orange zest and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove the peel from the liquid and set aside on a wire rack to dry out.
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of the orange juice. Stir to combine, adding more orange juice, if needed, to reach a drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle the icing over the top of the cake, then scatter over the candied orange zest and chopped pistachios.