One-pan chorizo hash
Calorie controlled cooking spray
100 g, sliced
New potatoes, raw
500 g, scrubbed clean and cut into small cubes
Peppers, all types
2 medium, Red and orange, deseeded and sliced into strips
3 medium, roughly chopped
Egg, whole, raw
4 medium, raw
- Put a large nonstick ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat and mist with cooking spray. Add the chorizo and fry for 2 minutes until starting to crisp. Remove the chorizo with a slotted spoon, leaving the oil.
- Add the potatoes to the pan and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes, then add the peppers and cook for 8 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are crisp and the veggies cooked through, add the chopped tomatoes and cooked chorizo and stir well to combine. Cook for a few minutes, until the tomatoes begin to soften, then stir in the spinach and season well.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 4. Remove the pan from the heat and make 4 small wells in the hash. Break an egg into each well and season.
- Transfer the pan to the oven. Bake for 8 minutes for firm whites and soft yolks.