Oaty chicken goujons
800 g, peeled and cut into finger sized pieces
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 teaspoon(s), level, smoked
¼ teaspoon(s), level
Egg, whole, raw
2 medium, raw, lightly beaten
Plain White Flour
3 tablespoon(s), level
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
4 medium, cut into long thin strips
Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
½ teaspoon(s), heaped
1 medium, juice of ½ lime, plus wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Put the squash in a wide baking tray, mist with cooking spray and scatter over half the paprika. Season and toss to coat. Bake for 40-45 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked and golden.
- Meanwhile, line a large baking sheet with baking paper. Put the oats, remaining paprika and cayenne pepper in a mini food processor. Season, then pulse to a chunky crumb. Tip into a shallow bowl. Put the eggs in a second bowl and the flour in a third with seasoning.
- Dust the chicken pieces with the flour, then dip into the egg and roll in the oat mixture to coat. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and cook alongside the squash for 15-18 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and golden.
- While the wedges and goujons are cooking, combine the mayonnaise, mustard and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Serve the chicken goujons with the lime mayonnaise, chips and lime wedges.