Mushroom & chestnut pie
1 large, finely chopped
2 clove(s), finely sliced
Mixed Dried Mushrooms
10 g, soaked in hot water
650 g, we used a mix of chestnut, shitake and mini portobello, roughly chopped
140 g, vacuum packed, roughly chopped
1 tablespoons, chopped
Plain White Flour
Semi Skimmed Milk
3 sheet(s), large
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Vegetarian Parmesan Style Hard Cheese
Cooked Mixed Vegetables (zero SmartPoints values)
4 portion(s), medium, like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, green beans etc
- 1 Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Melt the butter in a large pan over a medium heat. Fry the onion for 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain the soaked dried mushrooms and reserve the soaking liquid. Then add all of the mushrooms to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms are soft. Add a splash of the soaking water to help the mushrooms cook down, and to add flavour
- Add the chestnuts and thyme, then sprinkle over the flour. Cook for 2 minutes, then slowly add the milk, a little at a time, stirring well after each addition to avoid any lumps.
- When all the milk has been added, continue to cook, stirring frequently until the sauce thickens, then set aside to cool.
- Transfer the cooled mushroom mixture to a pie dish. Mist each sheet of filo with calorie controlled spray and roughly crumple up. Put on top of the pie so the filling is completely covered. Scatter over the cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden, then serve with veg of your choice