4 medium, sliced into 1 cm thick rounds
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 medium, peeled and chopped roughly
4 clove(s), chopped finely
Extra lean beef mince (5% fat), raw
2 can(s), large
1½ teaspoons, level
6 sprig(s), fresh, chopped
Fat Free Natural Fromage Frais
Quark, fat free, plain
1 teaspoons, level, French
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6 and lay the aubergine slices on baking trays. Season, mist with cooking spray and bake for 15–20 minutes until golden and nearly dried out.
- Meanwhile, mist a frying pan with cooking spray and sauté the onions and garlic for 5 minutes, adding a couple of tablespoons of water if they stick. Add the meat and stir to break it up and brown all over.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, cinnamon, parsley and seasoning. Bring to the boil and then simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, until thick.
- Meanwhile beat together the fromage frais, quark, mustard and egg in a small bowl.
- In a large ovenproof dish, layer the aubergines with the mince mixture. Pour over the cheese sauce and bake for 45 minutes until the top is bubbling and golden.