Moroccan fish tagine with lemon couscous
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 medium, finely sliced
1 medium, deseeded and finely sliced
1 medium, deseeded and finely chopped
2 clove(s), finely sliced
1 can(s), small
Vegetable stock cube
1½ cube(s), 400ml stock
600 g, cut into chunks
1 zest(s) of 1
Lemon Juice, Fresh
10 ml, grated
- Mist a large, nonstick, lidded frying pan with cooking spray. Add the onion and peppers and fry for 5 minutes until softened, adding a splash of water if necessary to prevent them burning. Add the garlic and harissa paste, then cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the cinnamon, tomatoes, stock and apricots. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste.
- Stir in the cod, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes until the fish is just cooked. Discard the cinnamon and stir in the coriander.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous. Put the couscous in a heatproof bowl, pour over the stock and let stand for 5 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed. Fluff up the grains with a fork and stir in the lemon zest and juice.
- Serve the couscous topped with the tagine.