Minted lamb & mash
Here's how to stretch mash in one easy family recipe.
450 g, Peeled and cut into chunks
4 handful serving
Peas, fresh or frozen
Lamb Leg Steak, Lean, Boneless, raw
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Gravy granules, dry
4 tablespoon(s), level
- Add the potatoes to a saucepan; cover with boiling water from the kettle and simmer briskly for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, break the cauliflower into florets. Add them to the saucepan with the potatoes. Add more boiling water; cover and cook for 10-12 minutes more, adding the frozen peas for the final 2 minutes.
- At the same time, preheat the grill. Spray the lamb steaks with the cooking spray, then grill them for 3-4 minutes per side. When cooked, cover the steaks with foil and leave to rest in a warm place.
- Drain the potatoes, cauliflower and peas thoroughly in the colander. Return the vegetables to the saucepan and mash them, snipping in the chives with a pair of scissors. Season and reheat for a few moments.
- Make the gravy with the instant gravy granules according to pack instructions then stir in the mint sauce. Serve with the lamb and mash and a vegetable of your choice such as carrots.