Mini mushroom & ricotta lasagnes
2 medium, trimmed and thinly sliced
4 clove(s), crushed
1 tablespoons, chopped
1000 g, chestnut, sliced
200 g, stems removed and leaves chopped
40 g, blanched, coarsely chopped
10 g, finely chopped
Vegetarian Parmesan Style Hard Cheese
20 g, grated
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw
Lasagne sheet(s), fresh
6 sheet(s), We used Sainsburys
300 g, halved
1 portion(s), to garnish
- 1 Heat 1 tsp oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Cook the leeks, stirring, for 6-7 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and thyme and stir for 1 minute more. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in the same pan over a high heat. Add half the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender. Transfer to the bowl with the leeks. Repeat with another 1 tsp oil and the remaining mushrooms. Drain any excess moisture from the mushrooms.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Add the kale and cook in 2 batches for 3-4 minutes until wilted. Add the almonds and toss to combine.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, chives, grated cheese and egg. Season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Cut each lasagne sheet into 4 and cook, in batches, in a large pan of salted boiling water for 1-2 minutes (don’t stir, or they will break). Drain carefully.
- Mist 2 baking trays with cooking spray. Place 4 lasagne pieces on each tray. Divide one-third of the ricotta mixture between all 8 pieces. Use half of the mushrooms and kale to top. Repeat with another layer of lasagne, another third of ricotta, and the remaining mushrooms and kale. Finish with a final layer of lasagne and the remaining ricotta. Top with the tomatoes and bake for 5-10 minutes. Garnish with the rocket and serve.