Mini dill scones
Plain White Flour
110 g, 100g plus 2 tsp for dusting
2 teaspoons, level
50 g, grated
4 tablespoons, chopped
Low Fat Spread
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
Low Fat Soft Cheese
Hot Smoked Salmon Flakes
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas mark 7 and heat a large baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- In a bowl, sift together both flours and the baking powder. Stir in the parmesan and dill.
- Use your fingers to rub the spread into the flour mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the yogurt and milk until you have a soft, sticky dough.
- Tip out onto a floured surface, and gently roll out to 2cm thick. Using a 5cm cutter, stamp out 26 rounds, then put them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush with the extra milk to glaze. Bake for 10-12 minutes until just risen and golden. If freezing, cool completely, then seal in an airtight freezer bag or container for up to 3 months.
- To serve, defrost the scones and warm through in a low oven. Split in half, spread with the soft cheese and fill with salmon and extra dill to serve.