- 1 large Onion(s), chopped
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
- 2 medium Carrots, raw, chopped
- 3 stick(s) Celery, Raw, sliced thinly
- 1/2 small Swede, chopped
- 2 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), 1.5 L
- 1 can(s), large, drained Borlotti beans, cooked
- 1 can(s), large Tinned Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoons, level Tomato Purèe
- 1 tablespoons Dried Mixed Herbs
- 50 g Wholewheat Pasta, dry, spaghetti, broken into short lengths
- 100 g Green Beans, trimmed and sliced
- 9 leaf/leaves Basil, fresh, to garnish
Put the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, swede, stock, beans, tomatoes, tomato purée and dried herbs in a large lidded saucepan.
Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Partially cover, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
Add the spaghetti and fine green beans. Stir well, then cook for a further 8-10 minutes, until the pasta is tender. Season, then serve, garnished with basil leaves.