Mediterranean chilli tomato tagliatelle
Chilli, cherry tomatoes and char-grilled asparagus combine in this summery pasta dish. It's simple, quick and really tasty.
Calorie controlled cooking spray
White pasta, dry
Chilli, green or red
300 g, (sieved tomatoes)
8 leaf/leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the char-grill pan or grill. Spray the asparagus with the cooking spray and char-grill or grill the spears in batches, until tender.
- At the same time, put the tagliatelle into the saucepan and cover with plenty of boiling water from the kettle. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until tender.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and finely slice the chilli, removing and discarding the seeds.
- Drain the cooked tagliatelle in the colander. Tip the Passata into the hot saucepan and add the tomatoes and chilli. Bring to the boil; then return the tagliatelle to the saucepan and add the asparagus, snipping it into pieces with scissors as you add it. Stir everything together gently and season. Share the pasta between 4 warmed bowls or plates.
- To serve, sprinkle a quarter of the Parmesan shavings over each portion and garnish with the basil leaves.