Master cooking chicken breasts
SmartPoints® value per serving
Follow our failsafe simple steps and game-changing marinade to cook poultry to perfection every time
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
Calorie controlled cooking spray
- Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of baking paper. Using a rolling pin, gently pound them until 1cm thick all over to ensure that they cook evenly.
- To make the marinade, combine the buttermilk with the salt and freshly ground black pepper in a bowl.
- Add the chicken, making sure each breast is fully submerged. Then cover and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes or in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- Mist a large griddle pan with cooking spray. Place over a medium-high heat and once hot reduce the heat to medium. Remove the chicken from the marinade, shaking off any excess, and add to the pan. Season lightly; cook, uncovered, for 1 minute.
- Flip the chicken breasts, reduce the heat and cover. Cook for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let sit for another 10 minutes, still covered. Remove the lid – the chicken should be cooked through with no trace of pink. Baste with the juices in the pan, then slice and serve.
The gentle acidity of the buttermilk tenderises the chicken, making it really juicy!