Massaman beef curry
Originating in Thailand, this hearty curry is wonderfully rich with layers of incredible flavour.
Calorie controlled cooking spray
4 medium, sliced
400 g, peeled and cubed
2 tablespoon(s), Red Thai
Reduced Fat Coconut Milk, Canned (7.7% Fat)
Thai Fish Sauce
Beef stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), 400ml stock
100 g, trimmed
Beef medallion steaks, lean
300 g, cut into strips
25 g, chopped
Chilli, green or red
½ individual, finely sliced
- Mist a large lidded saucepan with the cooking spray, add the shallots and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, curry powder and Thai curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Pour in the coconut milk, fish sauce and beef stock. Add the cinnamon stick and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the green beans to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes before adding the beef. Cook gently for 3 minutes or until the beef is just cooked through but still tender. Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Ladle the curry into bowls and sprinkle the chopped peanuts and chilli on top, then serve.