Lemongrass beef with black rice, broccoli & chilli
Biona Organic Black Venus Rice Wholegrain
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Beef rump steak, lean, raw
500 g, fat trimmed, thinly sliced
2 clove(s), crushed
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, deseeded and finely chopped
Lemon Grass Stems
1 stem, trimmed and finely chopped
Chinese Leaves (Amaranth Leaves)
1 medium, deseeded and thinly sliced
1 tablespoons, reduced salt
1 teaspoons, toasted
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the rice and cook for 25-30 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, mist a large nonstick wok or deep frying pan with cooking spray and stir-fry the beef, in batches, over a high heat for 2-3 minutes until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and stir-fry the garlic, chilli and lemongrass for 1 minute until softened. Add the broccoli and 2 tbsp cold water and stir-fry for a further 1 minute. Add the Chinese leaf and pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Return the beef to the wok, along with the cooked rice, sesame oil and soy sauce, then stir-fry for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Divide between bowls and scatter over the sesame seeds to serve.