Lemon & basil pork skewers
1 zest(s) of 1
Lemon Juice, Fresh
Pork Loin Steak, Lean, raw
480 g, 4 x 120
2 medium, 1 courgette, 1 yellow squash
Calorie controlled cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, oil and garlic, then season well. Add the pork, courgettes, tomatoes, onion and half the basil, then toss to coat. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Thread the pork and vegetables onto 8 long metal skewers (if using bamboo skewers, soak them in cold water for 30 minutes beforehand to prevent them burning), reserving any marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Mist a large nonstick griddle pan with cooking spray and set over a medium-high heat.
- Griddle the skewers for 5 minutes, turning frequently, until the pork and vegetables are lightly charred. Transfer the skewers to a baking tray, brush over any reserved marinade and bake for 10 minutes, until the pork is cooked through.
- Transfer the skewers to a serving platter, scatter over the remaining basil and serve with the lemon wedges.