Lamb & quinoa salad
Calorie controlled cooking spray
400 g, trimmed and halved lengthways
1 medium, cut into long strips
Lamb loin fillets, raw
1½ g, 1/2 a teaspoon
1 sprig(s), fresh
Lemon Juice, Fresh
Light Feta Cheese
1 medium, seeds
- Put the quinoa in a fine sieve and rinse under cold running water. Cook to pack instructions. Drain well and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Mist the vegetables with cooking spray. Griddle the carrots and aubergine for 7 minutes, turning occasionally, or until tender. Griddle the broccoli for 5 minutes, until tender but still with a bite. Set the veggies aside.
- Lightly mist the lamb with cooking spray and sprinkle over the sumac. Using the same griddle pan, griddle the lamb for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer the lamb to a board and leave to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, add the herbs to the cooled quinoa. Whisk together the lemon juice and oil, then drizzle over the salad. Season to taste and toss to combine.
- Divide the quinoa and griddled vegetables between plates. Top with the lamb, crumble over the feta and scatter over the pomegranate seeds. Serve with the lemon wedges on the side.