Lamb & pitta salad
Wholemeal Pitta Bread
Calorie controlled cooking spray
White Wine Vinegar
400 g, drained and rinsed
Lamb Loin Fillets, raw
1 medium, deseeded and cut into thin strips
1 tablespoons, small handful
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Put the pitta breads on a baking tray and mist all over with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes, turning halfway through, until crisp and golden. Let cool, then tear into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, cook the beans in a large pan of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain, then immediately plunge them into a bowl of iced water to cool. Drain well, then pat dry with kitchen paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil and 1 tsp of the sumac. Put the chickpeas in a medium bowl, drizzle over half the dressing and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Mist the lamb with cooking spray and season well. Griddle for 4 minutes on each side, then remove from the pan and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into thick slices.
- Arrange the pepper, tomatoes, rocket, herbs and dressed chickpeas on a large serving platter. Top with the lamb and drizzle over the remaining dressing. Scatter over the pomegranate seeds, toasted pitta bread pieces and remaining sumac to serve.