Korean crispy beef
White basmati rice, dry
200 g, jasmine rice
Extra lean beef mince (5% fat), raw
1 individual, halved and deseeded
Egg, whole, raw
4 medium, raw
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 clove(s), finely chopped
Vinegar, All Types
1 tablespoons, cider
- Cook the rice to pack instructions, then fluff the grains up using a fork.
- Meanwhile, mist a large nonstick wok or frying pan with cooking spray and stir-fry the mince and garlic over a medium-high heat for 10 minutes, until the beef is crisp.
- While the rice and beef are cooking, use a rolling pin to gently bash the cucumber until it starts to break up, then roughly chop into chunks.
- Transfer the beef to a dish and keep warm. Put the vegetable oil, vinegar and soy sauce in the wok, then add the cucumber and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Stir in the sesame seeds and remove the wok from the heat.
- Mist a nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and fry the eggs for 1-2 minutes, until the whites are set and the yolks are soft.
- Divide the rice between bowls, top with the beef stir-fry, a fried egg and the cucumber, then sprinkle over some freshly ground black pepper to serve.